Beth Smoot Broker / Owner in Raleigh, NC
NC License #
Buyer Broker, Foreclosure, New Homes, Relocation, Residential, Residential Investment, Short Sale, Single Family Homes, Townhomes
My business is built on a strong work ethic, attention to detail and a clear understanding of my clients' needs. My goal is to provide you with exceptional customer service and ensure that your home buying and/or selling experience is a smooth and enjoyable one.
Prior to working as a real estate broker, I practiced law in N.C. for almost 10 years. During that time, I worked for the N.C. Department of Justice, in private practice with Yates, McLamb & Weyher, LLC, and as a law clerk to North Carolina Supreme Court Justice (later Chief Justice) Henry E. Frye.
In my current real estate practice, I call on the advocacy, negotiation and problem-solving skills which I developed during my legal career to achieve the best possible results for my clients. Buyers and sellers deserve and appreciate professional representation as they purchase or sell what is often their largest investment.
In 2010, I co-founded The Green Chair Project, a local furnishing assistance program that serves families transitioning out of crisis or homelessness. While we started the effort from a closet at our church, the organization has grown dramatically. Thanks to the unbelievable community response to The Green Chair Project's mission, the organization has served over 1500 participants and operates from a 30,000 s.f. facility on Capital Blvd, which we are in the process of making its permanent home through a $3.5 million capital campaign. It has been a privilege to be part of the Green Chair's birth and growth and I am excited about its future impact on our community.
- N.C. Real Estate Broker License #196153 (2002)
- J.D., UNC-Chapel Hill School of Law (1992)
- B.A., in International Studies, UNC-Chapel Hill (1986)
- NextHome Diamond Pinnacle Office Award, 2020 (sales over $51 million)
- NextHome Premier Team Award, 2020 (sales over $16 million)
- NextHome Pinnacle Office Award, 2019 (sales of over $43 million)
- NextHome Premier Sales Team Award, 2019 (sales of over $13 million)
- NextHome Pinnacle Office Award, 2018 (sales of over $35 million)
- NextHome Premier Sales Team Award, 2018 (sales of over $13 million)
- NextHome Pinnacle Office Award, 2017 (sales of over $25 million)
- NextHome Masters Club Team Award, 2017 (sales of over $14 million)
- NextHome Premier Team Award, 2016 (sales of over $10 million)
- NextHome Premier Associate Award, 2015 (sales over $6 million)
- National Association of Realtors Good Neighbor Award, Honorable Mention, 2014
- Fonville Morisey President's Council, Gold Team, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010
- Fonville Morisey Chairman's Council, Gold Team, 2014, 2009, 2008
- Fonville Morisey Platinum Executive Council, 2007, 2006, 2005
- Accredited Staging Professional (2008)
Board of Realtors:
- Member of the National Association of Realtors
- Member of NC Association of Realtors
- Member of the Raleigh Regional Association of Realtors
- Member of the Triangle Multiple Listing Service